Sunday, February 27, 2011

todo

pocket / keychain calipers? that would be an interesting design challenge (is it even possible)

todo: create public wiki, anyone can login with certificates and edit (for use for hosting class websites etc.).

todo: submit a good post to MIT writing center for critique http://writing.mit.edu/wcc/online-consultant

Sometimes I feel like 2.007 wants us to violate this. http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_tutorial.shtml Yea, we're MIT students, but we're also just like any other human being who has never built a robot before:
    • Don't reinvent the wheel! Search the web for how other people did things, and copy them! It may be unoriginal, but hey it is your first robot, don't expect to develop the theory of relativity on your first try.
"We want to break the graph where time experiences insane ramp-up during last three weeks" -- well, uh, look at the calendar. What times are majority robot-building, and what times are filled with hand-holding Milestones and homeworks and such? Maybe I'll come to realize their usefulness, but I would like to build my first robot, get it to work, and then run calculations and iterate on the design. (aka, I don't want to do homework and I want to get credit for doing things I like doing in my spare time anyway, heh).

No comments:

Post a Comment