Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Embedded pdf in Firefox 3.6, Ubuntu 10.10, with Evince and Mozplugger

sudo apt-get install mozplugger

I think I had acroread installed (not sure, since it wasn't working), so I had to tweak mozplugger a bit to get it to work by adding a single line: repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"

So my file looks like:
user@user-netbook:~$  sudo gedit /etc/mozpluggerrc

    text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
        ACROREAD()
        [...]
        repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"
        [...]
        repeat noisy fill exits: evince "$file"

        application/x-dvi:dvi:DVI file [...]


Restarted Firefox, works great.
(btw for troubleshooting: in my FF, under edit > preferences > applications > PDF Document, it says "Use MozPlugger 1.13.3 handler")

No comments:

Post a Comment