Injection Molded and Thermoformed Yoyo
2.008 Yoyo project (ongoing work in progress, Fall 2011)
|Preliminary CAD design|
Summer 2011 Manufacturing Exercise (done for fun).
Based off of an existing design found online.
- Frame welded together from 1'' and 1''x2'' square steel stock (MIG welding, horizontal bandsaw, milling out 1/2'' and 3/4'' holes with step drill)
- Bolts and nuts from McMaster
- 2x wheelchair motors (ebay)
- Powered by A123 12V lead-acid replacements
- Arduino used to process two foot pedal potentiometers and a switch for forwards/backwards (eventually will move to joystick + analog circuit)
- 2x Victor motor controllers (PWM input)
- FRC kill switch
|In-progress at MITERS|
|First outside test, 8/23/11|
|@ NYC Maker Faire 2011. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOLkBiJ0wKQ&t=1m1s|
Video taken by Shane Colton (yay thanks!).
- replace wooden feet with tennis balls
- make analog circuit / make enclosure for electronics
- build motor controller (get rid of victors, overkill for my use)
- Frame hand-cut out of ABS plastic (vertical bandsaw)
- 18 servos, 6x VS-2 and 12x HTC-311s
- Arduino nano as main processor (on 2.007 carrier board)
- No sensors yet
- Currently hard-coded sequences. See: https://github.com/nouyang/18-servo-hexapod/blob/master/pololu_jun17a.pde
Please mute sound if you watch this video -- lots of background noise.
|Retroactive CAD in Solidworks.|
|@ Cambridge Maker Faire 2011. Bottom-most is a small linkage-style hexapod prototype.|