Friday, February 10, 2012

minimalist todo lists

Hope to replace google docs text-based day-level scheduler Cathy Wu introduced me to, e.g. see Metrify todo. I want browser-based (I use desktop+netbook+school computers, I don't use a smartphone or tablet). Google calendar... I don't understand it's paradigm (perhaps it's for outlook-trained users?).
I feel that I would be really happy if gtasker and teuxdeux and tomorrow.do got together and had a baby. Or at least talked to each other, if they had an API or something like google scripts I would so totally write email scrapers that would stick things onto teuxdeux, and each day at 6 am teuxdeux things would get transferred to tomorrow.do and each night at 5am the things I pushed off until tomorrow would sync up on teuxdeux...

I also want to script an email reminder every morning, because Gmail is an universal interface I will never forget to login and check. And I want to write a text based interface to everything -- something like Paprika/Workflowy's text-based input system. I guess I'd need to write an intermediate script to scrape event data from my email (all the MIT events are sent out via email and I wish I could train gmail to better recognize events even if I needed to give it a bit of human input, e.g. tell it this email has an event and force it to guess the event data) and input it text-wise.

I wonder if I can scrape these sites to implement a limited version of these features...

/me adds to project todo list... on one of the webapps I just mentioned, but which one? hah.

Speaking of which, I just rediscovered workflowy.com which I was in love with for a while but then forgot all about it. I guess there's something to be said for those pesky once-a-month emails from services I rarely use: at least I don't forget about their existence entirely...

Reference: quora topic
http://www.quora.com/To-Do-List-Applications
Alternative timer (less control, but has audio / alarm):
http://www.focusboosterapp.com/live

No comments:

Post a Comment